being ourselves

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best night and day
to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight.Never stop. The world needs you. It doesn't need you at a party having read a book about how to appear smart at parties - these books exist, and they're tempting - but resist falling into that trap. The world needs you at the party starting real conversations saying, "I don't know," and being kind."
- e.e.cummings


3 comments:

  1. one of my favorite quotes. love your photos, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reminded of this quote as I listened to the lecture on creativity by screenwriter Charlie Kaufman: http://guru.bafta.org/charlie-kaufman-screenwriters-lecture-video. A fabulous lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds so simple, and after years of schooling and society is harder for me than I think... how lucky our children are to have an unpressurised start...

    ReplyDelete